VL-122 virtually reproduces the vintage electro-mechanic spinet organ Hammond L-122.
The sound engine of the VL-122 is a physical modelling emulation of the real electro-mechanic generators (tone-wheels), drawbars, filters and effects (vibrato and reverb) that compose the original instrument. Moreover, some new effects have been added to recreate the complete set of timbres that characterize all the Hammond spinet organ sounds, from classic and church to rock and progressive.
Actually the VL-122 is not one more Hammond B3 or C3 console organ emulation. It is the emulation of the so called “spinet” organ L-122 (or L-1xx series, where xx is related to the mechanic design only). The spinet organ has a quite different sound, respect the most popular console organs. The timbre is less aggressive and more rounded, and it has been used in very different arrangements than the bigger brothers B3 or C3.
- High level of compatibility to different hosts and HW platforms.
- Very lightweight algorithms, so that simple and cheap virtual machines don’t suffer overloads of the CPU.
- Easy installation procedure, there is no need of any installers, simply copy the vl122.dll file to the right folder.
- High degree of MIDI configuration capability, useful when using very simple and poor VST hosts.
Incoming search terms:
- vl-122 vst
- vst instrument VL-122 organ