UltraSwamp is powered by 2 PCM wave oscillators (SF2 based) as primary sound-sources and two secondary sound-sources:
Timbremodulator for applying some upper harmonics in a very unique way, and Ringmodulator generating the sum and difference of the input signals so it can give quite a low rumble. As both of these sound-shapers have great capabilities to transform the input signal even beyond recognition these are treated as secondary sound-sources which are processed per voice.
Next are 3 resonant filters selectable: 24dB LowPass, a 12db HiPass and a Bandpass with a 4 channel adaptive mod mixer so 4 sources can be mixed to modulate Cutoff. This adaptive mod mixer gives best control for optimal modulation settings. Filter and amplifier envelope generators work in three selectable modes and have additional adjustable velocity control for Attack and Decay.
Besides LFOs, Sample & Hold and a versatile Gator as mod-sources Aftertouch and Modwheel are selectable at many destinations for real-time modulation interaction to produce an even more vivid sound. Finally the output sections has increased a lot. there is stereo Flanger and stereo Reverb the latter with PreDelay and LowCutoff to remove lower frequencies for an optimized reverb response.
- 2 x PCM wave oscillators with 256 waves in 2 banks as primary sound-sources.
- 1 x Ringmodulator per voice as 1st secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Timbremodulator per voice as 2nd secondary soundsource.
- 1 x Filter – 3 types (LoPass, HiPass, BandPass), ADSR EG with Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x 4 channel adaptive mixer for cutoff modulation.
- 1 x VCA EG (ADSR) Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x Pan.
- 3 x LFO.
- 1 x S&H.
- 1 x DLFO (Double LFO with two outputs and phase shifting).
- 1 x special Pitch LFO with Speed Up/Down options.
- 1 x ADSR EG as mod-source for RM / TM.
- 1 x Gator not only on Level but optional for Filter and delay Pan too.
- 1 x Delay with several options for panning delayed signal.
- 1 x Stereo Flanger.
- 1 x Stereo Reverb.
- 1 x Bass Enhance.
- 1 x XY-Joypad with 6 controls for 12 destinations and optional display for LFO & Aftertouch motion.
- 3 x Lazy Buttons.
- 12 voices, 512 patches.
This free version has some limitations: only LowPass filter, 3 voices, EG 3 mono, no internal patch management, no MIDI Learn, no velocity control on Attack / Decay of VCF / VCA EG, no SF2 Load, 128 internal patches, but two hidden easter egg gimmicks.